Subhamita is one of the most distinguished personalities who redefined music and melody in the globe of Bengali song. Being nourished under the tutelage of his father Shri Joshoda Dulal Das, a classical vocalist, her strength in classicism of Indian vocal music is undisputed. Her flair flourished taking “talim” from gurus of several Gharanas.
By 2003-04 her mellifluous voice had already won millions of hearts. Her modern songs and Ghazals both are praised being on high pedestal. Traveling widely she attended various innumerable concerts both home and abroad. She has lent her voice in more than 200 Tele-serials, Telefilms and Bengali Feature Films. Several times she has won Best Female singer award from Zee TV and Radio Mirchi. Her singular melodic voice has enriched music industry.
Widely travelled both home and abroad presenting innumerable concerts in all major cities and distant corners of India as well as good many places in Canada, America, Europe, Australia and some Middle East countries, Subhamita is also blissfully attained with so many honours and accolades. To name a few –
• Offered with Scholarship from famous ITC Sangeet Research Academy, Kolkata.
• Recipient of National Scholarship from the Government of India in 1992.
• Placed “First” in HMV Golden Talent Contest in 1993.
• Placed “First: in SA-THEKE-SA of ETV Bangla (Subhamita’s turning point in life).
• Released nearly a dozen album of Bengali Songs.
• Lent voice in more than 200 Tele-serial, Telefilm and Bengali Feature Film.
• Crowned with 3 Tele-Serial-BEST FEMALE SINGER AWARD in 2006, ‘07 & ’08.
• Recipent of three awards together from THE ANANANDA BAZRAR PATRIKA and 91.9 FM including ‘THE BEST FEMALE SINGER’ AWARD.
• Best female singer award from Radio Mirchi --2012
• Worked with a galaxy of veteran and contemporary musicians, composers, lyricists and music directors, and felt blessed at their unstinted support and munificence.
• Special performance in Pandit Ravi Shankarji’s project in the event “India Calling” in Los Angeles, USA in 2009 needing a special mention.
• Her song,in the film “THE MEMORIES IN MARCH” got immense popularity which was written by Sri RITUPARNO GHOSH and directed by DEBAJYATI MISRA
• In july 2011 she had the opportunity to perform in a music festival called GURU SISHYA PARAMPARA organized jointly by EZCC and SRA
• She participated in the ITC SANGIT SAMMELAN 2011